Moses Tembe hails from the Northern KwaZulu Natal area of Jozini, which he still calls home. Mr. Tembe was born in 1963. He holds a BA in Public Administration and Political Science from Unisa. He also completed the Caltex Business Management Programme at the University of Cape Town.
Mr. Tembe was awarded the Investec Bank/Sunday Tribune Entrepreneur Award in 2002.
Moses Tembe has served as:
- Secretary General and Vice President of the KZN branch of National African Federated Chamber of Commerce (NAFCOC);
- Review Case Officer of Umlazi Magistrate’s Office since 1979
- Chief Credit Controller of KwaZulu Finance Corporation since 1982 and as
- President of Durban Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Independent Non-Executive Director and Lead Independent Director of Beige Holdings Limited since July 25, 2012
- Founding Member of Durban Growth Coalition (Central Committee spearheading overseas development projects in Durban).
- Director of Durban Infrastructural Development Trust (Durban Infrastructure Development Trust).
- Non-Executive and Independent Director of Santova Logistics Limited (Santova Logistics (Pty) Ltd) (formerly Spectrum Shipping Ltd.) until April 29, 2010.
- Independent Non-executive Director of Mr. Price Group Limited from September 2008 until September 2014.
Moses serves as:
- Director of Elgin Brown & Hamer (Pty) Ltd.
- Dynachem (Pty) Ltd.
- Fasic Investment Corporation Limited and
- Crescendo Venture Capital (Pty) Ltd.
Moses Tembe, currently is the Chairman of the KZN Growth Coalition, a man respected by his community and business peers, has aligned himself with KwaZulu Natal’s next prestigious development, Jozini Tiger Estate. According to Tembe the appeal of this project is not only that his roots are in Jozini, but the social responsibility aspect to the project coupled with the actual product offering and value of Jozini Tiger Estate is unsurpassed. “I am passionate about Jozini Tiger Estate and I am honored to be involved in a project that is creating job opportunities for people in the area.”
Tembe is also chairman of the Greater Durban Community Foundation which does education related charity work all over Durban. Until recently, Moses Tembe was the Chairman of the eThekwini Community Foundation whose mission is to support community-based organisations by helping them develop sustainable projects to provide employment or income streams for fledgling or marginalised entrepreneurs and NPOs.
He is also Non-Executive Chairman of the Ubuhle OCS Cleaning Services (Pty) Ltd which was formed in 1998. He remains a well-known and respected Chairman and Director of a number of businesses in the retail, manufacturing, property, tourism, shipping, marine and engineering sectors.